Saturday, August 8, 2009

Change of plans... My Real Vacation Plans!!!!


Ok this is a long story but I will make is short. Last December, I recieved at my work one of three awards given to employees in non management possitions. I basically recieved "Employee of the Year" I was floored and excited!!! I recieved with the award, a beautiful plaque, $500, 40 PTO (paid time off), 2 round tickets to anywhere in the U.S., and 5 nights at any of our hotels!!! Crazy!!! I'm still amazed at that!!!

I was told I could only go in the Continental U.S. I choose NYC, because I had never been there, sounded cool and so much more. Over time my work had some trouble with the plans, hotels and each time it just didn't work out!!! I got frustrated over and over! Then NYC started stressing me out, busy city, on the go for everything! It actually freaked me out and I hadn't gone yet.

I had just wanted to go on a vacation for once, I mean a REAL vacation! I love conferences and all but I need somewhere where I could take a break! Not feel worn out and fall apart by the time it was over! I had never been on a vacation where I did vacation type stuff!!! I started praying that this trip would be that way. My once in a life time trip!!!

Well last week plans changed. I found out, I could fly anywhere in the U.S. so I made a decision, I wanted to go somewhere new!!! So into Human Resources ready to beg, plead and pout to get my way out of the NYC trip but go somewhere else. Somewhere I had only dreamed of going!!! When I told HR, he turned to me and said sure! No fight, no problem, in fact I could tell he was actually very happy I choose that!!!

Ssssssoooooo Now for my Employee of the Year, Chance of a Lifetime, My First Real Life Vacation, I'm going to get this



MAUI, HAWAII!



I know Craziness!!! Who would of ever know!!! I'm so excited I can't stand it! I'm going the week before Thanksgiving in November and the Week after West Coast Conference! I'm going to try to WCC and the next week go to Maui. I'm like so excited I start to shake just thinking about it!!!

SSSSSOOOOO Can't wait! Please let me know about any recommendations to do while we are there!!! So Mary, Theresa, Marry Joe and I are off to the Big Island!! I have an urging to listen to the Odyssey, about the Barkley's going to Hawaii again!!!

Jac

5 comments:

  1. One of my absolute favorite places in the world!! We were there in May (http://mcmomentsandmemories.blogspot.com/2009/06/maui-valley-isle.html) Do lots, but also take time to just enjoy the scenery. Take a day to relax and slow down, that's what a REAL vacation is!!

    Congrats on Employee of the Year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lady in California who makes modest swimwear (http://modestactivewear.blogspot.com/) You can have yours custom made to your measurements and they are extremely comfortable for playing in the water. Much lighter than a jean skirt and less clingy than cotton! And it will dry overnight in your hotel room, ready for the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!!! I did find that website for modest active wear in the past. I hope to purchase one! Thanks again for the website!

    I will also check out your site too! Thanks again!!!

    Jac

    ReplyDelete
  4. so Excited for you! more than any other place in the U.S., i'd want to go to maui! in fact, as i type, i can see my "maui for dummies" book on the bookshelf! that has a chock-ful of great info! i also recommend the book "maui revealed" for tons of info also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jen! I think I'm going to check out both books!!!

    ReplyDelete