Thursday, September 3, 2009

New Whit In the Town of Odyssey???


Ok so look what happens when your bored at work! You go checking out the weirdest things online so on Wikipedia I put in Adventures in Odyssey. I was stun to find out that there is a new Whit in town, well not really just a new voice!!!

Ok first of all, YES, I still listen to Odyssey. I am not ashamed! I don't get up early every saturday morning but I do listen often online or buy the CD packs.

Now I didn't get introduced to Odyssey till I was 14, but I have listen to everyone and some so many times I can quote it. In fact, Odyssey taught me many of my bible stories in the beginning years of serving the Lord.

We all rememeber the orginal voice of Whit, Hal Smith. After he passed away and the trama of having no Whit hit us, we finally got a new Whit. I took some getting use too but finally accepted Paul Herlinger as the new voice.

But I just read this... "Due to small health issues, a mutual decision was made by Herlinger and the crew to replace Herlinger with another voice actor. In 2009, Andre Stojka took over the role."

Say WHAT?!?! Change Whit again?!? Wait a second!!! Ok so I take this really personal!!! LOL But I must say I'm a huge AIO fan! I can understand why, they don't want anything to happen like before. I guess I think that the character's will live on forever! How long was Connie in High School after all!!!

Ok so here the question, I seriously didn't notice the change yet. Have you? What's your thoughts. Why didn't the team of AIO included me in the decision?!?!? Excuse me!

In the famous words of Whit will the words still be true? "The best is yet to come."

Adventures in Odyssey Fan,

Jac

2 comments:

  1. Jac,they haven't done any new episodes with the new Whit voice yet - he debuts Sept 19... but if you go and listen to one of the podcasts on the whits end website, you can hear a preview. i don't like it!!! :) love~Jedidah

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://whitsendblog.org/2009/08/whit-podcast/

    Just listen but for those who want to listen to it. Here you go. Sigh it's not the same!!!

    Jac

    ReplyDelete