Saturday, September 5, 2009

Left? Right? Left?


Left? Right? Left? What am I! Seriously! I'm confused!!!

Ok so here how it started, my mom is Left handed and I found out later that my Biological dad is also Left handed. I thought it was strange that I was right handed! I mentioned to my older sister this and she told me, "Jac, you were left handed when you were younger." I was like "Seriously", she said, "Yeah, I forgot, why are you right handed now?" We talk about it and concluded that back in the day, teachers would teach kids to use their right hand only when learning how to right. So I just started using my right hand.

But it's been recently that I have discovered how left handed I am! When I got sick and was forced to use a cane 2 years ago. I would walk with cane in my right hand because it was my stronger side. My left hand became that reach for things, held items, shook hands etc. I think that triggered something in my brain that had been long forgotten.
It wasn't till Friday afternoon that I realized HOW much I really use my Left hand more then my right. Friday I smashed my left hand in the door when walking out. A beautiful little blood blister form on my pointer finger and was out of comission! I wrapped it up, thinking glad it wasn't my right hand. But I was wrong!!! My left hand seems to be my main hand now. I had trouble doing my hair, my left hand grabbed everything. If I was carring stuff that was my right hands job and the left hand did the work. By the end of the day my left hand was throbbing, but I said forget it! No way I'm re-training my hands to work I'll deal with the pain.
So now I can't figure it out! What am I! Left handed or right handed! Or if I work on my writing skills with my left hand will I be able to truely be ambidextrous? Now that would be cool!!!
Lefty and Righty,
Jac

1 comment:

  1. LOL Did you hear the sermon Sunday night?! BE RIGHT HANDED!!!! HAHAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete